Saturday, May 17, 2008

iRobot does it again with SCOOPR

Scoopr is the latest innovation from iRobot and I my hat goes off to the engineers who made this robot a household reality. For years I have dreaded the weekly lawn "scoop duty" cleaning up after our chocolate lab Bodie.

This Spring iRobot sent me their new product to review: Scoopr. Scoopr is a phenomenol robot that seeks out "doggy doo" on your lawn and efficiently collects and disposed of it. What a wonderful idea!

As you can imagine, I take my product reviews very seriously, so I was determined to put Scoopr to the ultimate test. For nearly 2 weeks I let Bodie have his way with the back yard. After the first week, I was not sure I could take it any longer, but my Scoopr test had to continue.

Finally, the day came and I set the Scoopr robot to work and watched it do its magic. Sure enough, the robot systematically worked its way through the back yard, scooping and dumping, scooping and dumping. After 15 minutes, I knew that Scoopr was going to finish the job well done. An hour and 20 minutes later, Scoopr had docked itself in the self charging station. Not a trace of Bodie's unfortunate daily mishaps were left on the lawn.

I am happy to say that Scoopr will have a home with my family for many years to come. Thank you iRobot!

No comments: